Sunday I woke up with food poisoning. It was probably one of the most miserable 24 hours I've ever had. I even chugged a glass of apple cider vinegar because it "supposedly" kills the bugs in your tummy. I was willing to try anything! And don't let the apple cider part fool you. It smells exactly like regular vinegar. Hardest thing to drink and still not sure if it worked or not.
Anyway, I couldn't leave my bed all day (except for toilet runs) and was apart from my son all day and my hubby until Ry's bedtime. I had a LOT of time to think and I came to some realizations.
1. I love being a mom. Not that I didn't already know that, but I know it even more now. I missed my little guy like crazy! It was so hard being upstairs knowing he was downstairs! I just wanted to cuddle him!
2. I have world's greatest husband. Don't try to argue with me, just go with it. Really. The second I was sick, he took Ryan for me and let me rest. He consistently asked me if I needed anything and immediately got it if I did. He had his phone ready for me to text him for ANY little thing. He set-up our extra tv in the bedroom so I could watch a movie to try and take my mind off the pain. (We don't have a tv in the master, just the family room and the loft). He researched remedies. He went to the store to buy apple cider vinegar. He was so concerned and so helpful! I just love him.
3. Popsicles are actually yummy. And here I thought I didn't really like them.
By Monday the nausea was gone, but I still had sharp stomach pains all day along with weakness and fatigue. So I spent the better part of the day in bed also. This meant many to-dos were left unchecked. This also taught me some lessons.
1. Cuddling with Ryan is much more fun and much more important that anything on my to-do list. Do it as often as I can.
2. Somehow everything I really need to get done will get done (and on time!). If it doesn't get done, it probably wasn't all that important to begin with. Let me repeat this, because it was an epiphany I think most women need to hear: If something on your to-do list doesn't get done, it probably wasn't all that important to begin with.
3. So let it go. I know, easier said than done, right? But it'll all be okay. Life goes on.
4. Stressing only makes things worse. It makes you cranky (which makes you a worse mother, wife, friend, etc.). It makes you less productive. It makes you tired. At some point it might even make you sick. And it doesn't even HELP. Stressing = pointless. (I need to tell myself this every day, multiple times a day!)
5. I am blessed!
You can sign up for the Christmas blogger gift exchange for a few more days!